An “Open Session” is a session that does not require any form of login to access. Viewing the website to read an article or look up information in Online Chapel is considered an “Open Session.” A ‘Logged Session” is a session which requires a login and password to access specialized and personalized content. Creating an account in the Orthodox Marketplace, sending an Iconogram or iDonation, or using our Forums constitutes “Logged Sessions.”
The following Policy applies to Open Sessions:
The following Policy applies to Logged Sessions:
- You do not have to give us personal information to visit our site.
- Information is collected for statistical purposes and the Department of Religious Education sometimes performs analyses of user behavior in order to measure customer interest in the various areas of the GOARCH site. We will disclose this information to third parties only in aggregate form.
- We will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit: The Internet domain (for example, "xcompany.com" if you use a private Internet access account, or "yourschool.edu" if you connect from a university’s domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our website; The type of browser and operating system used to access our site; The date and time you access our site; The pages you visit; and if you linked to the GOARCH website from another website, the address of that website. We use this information to help us make our sites more useful to visitors, and to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use.
- If you elect to use one of our services which requires a login and password, such as Iconograms 2.0, Bulletin Builder, or the Orthodox Marketplace, we do collect information that could be considered personally identifiable, however our usage is limited:
- We collect personally identifiable information (name, email address, or other unique identifier) only if specifically and knowingly provided by you. Personally identifying information you provide will be used only for such other purposes as are described at the point of collection. We do not give, sell or transfer any personal information to a third party without your consent.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that our services remain available to all users, this computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
- Information You Give Us:
- You provide most personal information when you search, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through orthodoxmarketplace.com; provide information in your profile; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, text chat or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; compile wish lists or other gift registries; participate in forums; provide and rate reviews; and employ other personal notification services such as Iconograms, iDonation, Registry Events, etc. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; people (with addresses and phone numbers); e-mail addresses of other people; content of reviews and e-mails to us; and financial information./li>
- Automatic Information Gathered During a Logged Session:
- Information from Other Sources
- Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information, search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links or AdWords from Google); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud.
- Information You Can Access
- Examples of information you can access easily at store.goarch.org include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password and communications preferences); payment settings (including credit card information and gift certificate balances); e-mail notification settings (including alerts, new related items, and newsletters); recommendations (including recent product view history and prior order history) shopping lists and gift registries.
The Site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site. Cookies can also help customize the Site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology, however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
Distribution of Information
We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place. The information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
Commitment to Data Security
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of further mailings.
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy. Any changes to this policy will be posted.
Privacy Contact information
- By E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Phone: 1-800-566-1088