This booklet includes essential information for any new parish council member about the background of the Orthodox Christian faith, how parishes are governed, our institutional hiearachy and protocol, and other matters of interest to anyone serving in this capacity within the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese.
Also available as a free download under the 'Attachments' tab.
- Archpastoral Message of Archbishop Demetrios of America
- What is a Parish Council?
- The Ministry of the Parish Council
- What is the Greek Orthodox Church?
- How is the Church Governed?
- What are the GOAA Regulations under which our Parishes Function?
- What is the Relationship between the Priest & the Parish Council?
- Ministry Oriented Leadership
- Stewards of God’s Church
- The President and the Parish Council
- The Parish and the Parish Council
- How does the Parish Relate to the Metropolis & to the Archdiocese?
- How do the National Ministries and Institutions of the ArchdioceseAssist the Parish in Accomplishing its Ministries at the Local Level?
- Archdiocesan Institutions